Sunday, December 22, 2013

In Vino Veritas

So the old saying goes, "In wine there is truth." In my life I have discovered that in wine there are memories.


As an Army family we have been fortunate enough to be stationed in places like Italy, Hawaii, and Germany and explore faraway lands that I never dreamed of seeing in my lifetime. When I reflect back on all the regions we have traveled, I realize those experiences have passed me by in a blink of an eye. Life is funny that way. Whether you spend your hours tucked away at home with a good book, baking cakes, pinning on Pinterest, watching your kids play soccer...or if you're eating pizza in Venice, riding on a riverboat on the Rhein, exploring caves in Porto, buying pottery in France, or hiking the NaPali Coast of Hawai'i, time passes by just as quickly. In the end you are left with memories, a few photographs, and a bunch of wine corks.

Luckily I have collected wine corks wherever we go, to serve as a constant reminder of the amazing adventures my life has given me. One of my favorite things to do when we travel to a new place is to find a great spot to sit, relax, soak it all up, and enjoy a glass of vino. To me those moments are always the icing on the cake, when you raise your glass to toast the adventure at hand, slow down, and reflect on the experience. We all have different ways to commemorate the best times of our lives, and this seems to suit my personality best:


Rooster from Porto, Portugal

Budapest

Poland, Italy, and Prague

Florida and Santa Susanna, Catalunya, Spain

My wine corks all decorated for Christmas!

I think it's time to buy a new wine crate!
Cheers!

1 comment:

Bostko said...

Now I know who I will leave my wine corks to in my will.... I have a couple of "corkers"! Do you want the broken and stained ones too...I got a bunch that were retrieved from inside the bottles, having been destroyed in my haste to get at the Nectar of the Gods.... My favorite saying , rather than Wine and Dine is "Supine and Wine"! lol...♥