- Mitch Man: The sky is turning black and the winds are picking up. We better leave now before the storm hits.
- (5 minutes later....)
- Mitch Man: I can see the lightning in the distance. Did I ever tell you about my best friend who got struck by lightning when we were ten years old? It was a storm just like this one. He touched a Coke machine, his hands turned black, and smoke started coming out of his head.
- Casey: Did his hair catch on fire?
- Hannah: You're making that up. Right, Mom? He's making that up? That didn't really happen....
- Georgia: Everyone be quiet! Mom can you check if there are any earphones in the glove compartment?
- Mitch Man: Look at all these farmers, trying to get their crops in before the storm hits. Do you know that more farmers get killed by lightning than any other profession? That's because they keep working even when the storms come. Look at that guy in the field down there. He's a hard worker, he won't quit till the lightning is coming up from the ground he's standing on. He could die.
- Casey: I bet its cool to drive a tractor...
- Hannah: Stop it, Dad. He's not going to die!
- Georgia: Mom, change the radio station. I hate this song.
- Beth: I just saw a unicorn.
- Hannah: That wasn't a unicorn, mom! It was a white horse.
- Mitch Man: That horse was black until it got struck by lightning.
- Casey: Where's the unicorn? Dad, go back so we can see the unicorn.
- Georgia: Casey you are so dumb. There is no unicorn.
- Mitch Man: I can't see the road. This is how people get killed, driving in weather like this...
- Hannah: Be careful Dad! Slow down!
- Casey: Go faster, Dad!
- Mitch Man: Now it's starting to hail. Look at the size of it....I can't believe it hasn't blown out our front windshield yet, shattered it into a million pieces. We're lucky we haven't wrecked yet.
- Casey: So cool! Look at the size of that hail, Georgia!
- Hannah: Please pull over!! I'm scared!
- Georgia: My friend Jarin is moving back to the States tomorrow....
- Beth: I just saw a deer. Lots of deer on this road.
- Mitch Man: (pulls off the road) We'll just sit here in the shelter of the trees to get out of the wind. We'll be fine unless one of them falls over and crushes us to death.
- Casey: Don't worry, Dad. I don't think that tree could kill us. It's too small.
- Mitch Man: The wind is bad. It looks like that tree is about to snap in half. It's definitely big enough to crush us. Not to mention that horizontal lightning I just saw, and anvil clouds. That can't be good...
- Hannah: I'm getting out of the car and running home!
- Georgia: I can't believe Jarin is leaving....it's not fair. All my friends leave me. Most of them, IDRC...
- Beth: Who wants a cookie?
- Hannah: How can you think of cookies at a time like this?
- Mitch Man: Let me have a cookie. We may as well enjoy ourselves, this could be the last cookie we will ever eat.
- Casey: Can I have two cookies?
- Beth: Is that a bobcat? Or a cougar???
- Mitch Man: It's a tree stump.
- Georgia: Mom, I really need a new iPod cover.
- Hannah: Let's please go home!
- Mitch Man: I think the storm is passing, we probably have a decent chance of surviving now.
- Casey: That was a cool storm. I hope we have another one tomorrow.
The End.

4 comments:
Hannah sounds traumatized!
I can't stop laughing!
I just had to post this, because I know when I look back years from now and read it I will appreciate it! It shows the unique personalities in this crazy family and how we interact on a daily basis....
I think the term we use in this clan is normally dysfunctional....♥
Post a Comment