Yep the Army may have given my husband a command that was not on his (my) preference sheet, but, as we have been told by many, it is an honor and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and blah blah blah. I have come to learn that even when things take us by surprise, even when those surprises are unwelcome and they make me stomp my feet and cry and throw thing across the room while repeatedly screaming, "WHY ME?!" at the top of my lungs, they usually end up being the best experiences we could have hoped for. (Similar past examples: When I found out we were moving to Hawaii; or when I discovered I was pregnant the third time.) No matter how much we want to wallow and drink heavily when things don't go according to our plans, we must have faith that God's plan is always perfect.
Needless to say after several months of being extremely bitchy and difficult and spewing my toxic negativity all over Facebook, I finally took a new approach. If I'm doing this for my husband, then what can my husband do for me? I've given him my love, my life. My undying support and loyalty. I've given up many opportunities for pursuing my own fulfilling career, for stability, for a life with "choices." I've had to move often, leaving behind homes I have loved, amazing friends, and good hairstylists. So, with that said, I think I at least deserve a BMW. Marriage is all about give and take. And hell, if I'm moving to Germany where it's cold and snowy with no palm-tree-lined beaches, there'd better be a silver lining.
Mitchman called me Saturday from Germany. He said, "I just took your BMW for a test drive. It purrs at 160 kilometers per hour on the Autobahn." Unfortunately I don't know how to convert kilometers to miles just yet, but I'm pretty sure that means my new/used car is fast and furious. Okay, maybe not "furious," but this definitely marks the beginning of a new era in my life.
Auf Widersehen minivan. Hallooooooo beemer.


No comments:
Post a Comment