Before Mitch Man left for Germany, he had a father/son talk with Casey. He told him, "When I'm gone, you will be the Man Of The House. You need to take care of things around here, help your mother." Casey shook his hand. And then he farted.
A few days later I noticed that our yard was looking pretty bad. Holes and torn up patches of grass everywhere. I was pissed. The last thing I need to worry about before the renters move in is varmints tearing up our lawn.
And then, yesterday morning, I opened the front door and found this nosing around in my flower bed:
I snuck back inside and got the Man Of The House. I told him he had a job to do. I didn't have to say more. He grabbed a shovel from the garage and scared that little bugger out of my flowers and under the minivan. Then he got the water hose and flooded him out...
Casey finished the job by chasing him into Robert Perez's yard. Which was like, doubly rewarding for me. Sweet payback for the time when Robert's wife Mirabel blew her horn at me for almost backing up into her shiny blue convertible. And then she got out of the car and stood in her driveway with her hands on her hips and wagged her finger at me as if to say "Don't even be coming next to my sexy Sebring with your big old minivan, bish."
Take that, Perez.
No comments:
Post a Comment