Thursday, June 30, 2011

ACL Surgery, CHECK!

Yesterday I went to an endodontist for the first time in my life. Honestly I never even knew the difference between endodontist and dentist, but apparently they are not the same, because my regular dentist made me go all the way to Wesley Chapel to get a root canal. Thanks to Google, I found out an endodontist is a dental specialist who deals with tooth pulp. (Blechhh!!! You couldn't pay me enough to deal with tooth pulp!)

But anyway, Dr. Beach (love his name, though probably is more fitting for a lifeguard than an endodontist) gave me a root canal and a prescription for these freakin’ heavy duty narcotics to help me deal with my tooth pulp pain. I spent the entire night with my eyes popping out of my eye sockets, certain there was a pirate hiding behind the fridge singing "The Love Boat." (Note To Self: Don't. Take. Narcotics. Ever. Again.)

I was so tired this morning and we had to be at the Surgery Center in Tampa for Hannah's ACL "patellar tendon graft" by 6:30am. Boy that was fun, considering I was up all night in a Percocet-induced state of paranoia/schizophrenia. We were there until noon, and it was quite possibly the longest morning of my life, but I think the surgery went well. Thank God it's over. Amen and Hallelujah.

Hannah slept all day. Tomorrow the fun begins, when the barrage of visiting nurses and physical therapists and medical equipment people take over my home. Surgery sucks, but it sucks even more when your house is empty barring a few air beds, a few folding soccer chairs, and a couch made out of duct tape.

Oh...and I have to say...soooo many people wished us well on Facebook. Just when I think I am completely alone in this universe, Facebook goes and makes me feel special again. Over 50 people commented on my status about Hannah’s surgery or at least “liked” it. There’s nothing like Facebook love.

Even though such a shitty week looms ahead, tonight I'm feeling super relieved that we can FINALLY check "ACL Surgery" off our to-do list. Can I get a WOOT WOOT??

No comments: