Thursday, October 7, 2010

Gotta Love The Time

That is the title of one of the late David Bailey's songs.

I'm loving the time this week as I watch my kids grow up before my eyes. Casey started playing soccer on Monday. He ran around his first practice without a clue, picking up the ball with his hands, standing "baseball ready" on the soccer pitch (as two other kids copied him.) When he finished I told him he did AWESOME and he replied, "I know I did!"

We finally found a Homecoming dress for Hannah and it is perfect for her. It is difficult to describe the shock and surprise I felt when Hannah told me she wanted to go to Homecoming. After two years of her avoiding all school-related social events, I am so proud and happy to see her finally breaking out of her shell. I can't wait to see her all dressed up, for the first time in history. Hannah has never been to a formal. We picked out shoes and jewelry over the weekend and then...found out her last soccer game of the season is the same night as Homecoming! When I broke this news to Hannah she said, through tears, "I will NOT miss my last soccer game for anything, not even Homecoming." So it may be the Homecoming that never was.! (To Be Continued...)

Georgia is my little Safety Patrol at Cimino Elementary School this year. Hard to believe she is a big fifth grader, when just yesterday she started kindergarten. Georgia makes parenting easy. She is a joy...a good student, an amazing athlete, an all-around good kid. I know that Middle School is looming in the not-so-distant future so I am doing my best to savor this time in her life, because we all know what the horrible Middle School can do to a child.

Yep. We all gotta love the time. Right now.

No comments: