We took the opportunity to have a fun night out. Buca di Beppo is one of my absolute favvvvvorite restaurants. It is the tackiest place ever, with funny old photos covering the walls, gaudy knicknacks, purple and blue statues, and a slew of other crazy things. Every time I go I find something new that makes me laugh. It is a happy place for me. Not only is the food and wine great, but it always conjures memories of Hawaii and my beloved, dear friend Genoa. Genoa and I had many fun occasions at Buca in Honolulu!
For as often as we go to Buca I have never had the opportunity to sit at the highly coveted "Pope Table" until last night. It is the best spot in the whole restaurant, housed inside a private room decked out in Pope decor, with a giant bust of the Pope in the center of the table. The guest of honor even gets to sit in a special "Pope chair."
Here we are, a buncha crazy soccer moms! Wish you coulda been there, G!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment