Today I'm desperately trying to find my inner Martha Stewart. I just ain't feelin' it.
A while back Georgia's soccer coach (and my friend) Sean asked me to be the "Team Mom" for this upcoming soccer season. Honestly, I have no friggin clue why he asked me, other than the fact that the Team Mom we had last year flew the coop (smart lady), and I have a hard time saying "NO" when people ask me to do stuff....and oh yeah, I don't have a real job. That always makes me an easy target. But am I Team Mom material?
Today is the pre-season party/picnic/potluck and I am certain it's going to be a disaster. Someone came up with this "brilliant" idea for the girls to each tie-dye their own shirt since our practice jerseys have not arrived yet, that way they would have matching tees to wear to practice next week. Now it is all turning into a comedy of errors because I suck at planning stuff. I suck at crafts. And I obviously suck at being a Team Mom.
The point is, nothing is ever simple. No matter how much you swear you are going to make it simple, it NEVER is.
Mitch Ultra has a very difficult time being patient with me when I volunteer to do stuff like this. The last thing he wants to do on his Sunday is help me out with a soccer picnic. The last thing he wants to hear about is tie-dyeing. And he doesn't understand why I feel the need to bake cupcakes and volunteer to do all this crap. The season hasn't even started yet and being Team Mom is already causing marital discord.
It makes me wonder about Martha Stewart. She's the image of a perfect wife and mother, and yet, she's divorced. Doesn't that make you wonder???
2 comments:
AND she was estranged from her daughter for quite some time. Screw Martha. You need to delegate. Mom who suggested tie-dye should be in charge of tie-dye. All white shirts would have matched too. :) Good luck. I am sure you'll be such a great team mom that they'll ask you to do it next season too. Practice the following, "Thanks so much for thinking of me, but I really do have too much on my plate."
No one wanted to own up to the tie-dyeing idea, LOL. It was 100 degrees and luckily there were two other moms willing to stand out there in the heat to help the girls (They actually ended up helping a lot more than I did, I was too busy being a social butterfly. After all, part of my duty as Team Mom is to be friendly and entertaining, right? lol)
Post a Comment