Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer Reading List

I went to the Bloomingdale library about a week ago and finally got a library card. I spent two hours there and checked out 15 books. (Five of them were for the kids.)

Summertime is reading season for me. Especially this summer, since we are flat broke, and the only thing I can afford to do is park my butt out by the pool with the kids and the dog and a book. Of course the pre-req for summer reading is that it has to be mindless and fun because honestly, it's too dang hot to concentrate.

It looks like I will be heading back to the library tomorrow since I am already finished with my literature load. It included a fun mystery series by Bob Morris (Bahamarama, Jamaica Me Dead, and Bermuda Schwartz) and a bunch of hysterically funny books by Chris Moore. His humor is almost as dark and twisted as my own. Plus you gotta love a book that has characters named Pokey, Coyote, Grubb, Yiffer, and Calliope (Coyote Blue) and titles like "Island of the Sequined Love Nun" and "The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove."

If anyone has any good book suggestions please leave them in the comment field below! I enjoy witty, fun, fast-paced novels....nothing dark, scary, or depressing. My fragile psyche simply can't handle anything heavy. Or maybe it's not so much a fragile psyche as it is a simple mind? Hmmm....

No comments: