The past 24 hours have been like a dream. Everything has been spinning out of control all week, actually. But we made it. Sold the van yesterday. Finished mailing our boxes. Said goodbye to Memere. Packed for the three kids and me. And made it to the airport on time.
Last night we went to Cherry's for one last night out with about 30 of our closest Florida Friends. It turned ugly around 8pm, when the tears started flowing, first the kids, and then the adults. It was hard. Nothing worse than goodbyes.
Natalie drove us to the hotel near the airport after a quick shopping spree at WalMart for an extra suitcase, a portable DVD player, and one of those As-Seen-On-TV-Total Pillows in zebra print. And pickles. And a bottle of Malbec. And some Pamprin for Hannah, who threw up the entire way. We checked in around midnight and I think it was 2:30am before we were finally settled and I had some semblance of organization. Nat was back in four hours to take us to the airport. I don't know what I would have done without her help. Honestly. I might still be in the hotel room buried beneath a 300-lb suitcase.
When we got to the airport, Casey donning his mohawk and fake redneck teeth. we were met with stares in the American Airlines check-in by a perfectly groomed Louis Vuitton family in front of us. Then I accidentally forgot my laptop in the bin at security, while Hannah set off all the alarms with her leg brace and then got frisked and interrogated until they finally decided to let her go.
Now we are on the plane. Wi-Fi onboard for the sucker who is willing to pay ten bucks for it. Yep, that sucker would be me. But honestly, how cool is that? Facebooking in the sky. Way better than the Mile High Club.
We land in Dallas in an hour. And then we wait four hours for our 10-hour flight to Frankfurt. I just pray the seats are bigger and that we aren't right next to the bathroom again. If one more person sticks their ass in my face while waiting for the lavatory, I think I might just lose my cool and shove something up it.
When we got to the airport, Casey donning his mohawk and fake redneck teeth. we were met with stares in the American Airlines check-in by a perfectly groomed Louis Vuitton family in front of us. Then I accidentally forgot my laptop in the bin at security, while Hannah set off all the alarms with her leg brace and then got frisked and interrogated until they finally decided to let her go.
Now we are on the plane. Wi-Fi onboard for the sucker who is willing to pay ten bucks for it. Yep, that sucker would be me. But honestly, how cool is that? Facebooking in the sky. Way better than the Mile High Club.
We land in Dallas in an hour. And then we wait four hours for our 10-hour flight to Frankfurt. I just pray the seats are bigger and that we aren't right next to the bathroom again. If one more person sticks their ass in my face while waiting for the lavatory, I think I might just lose my cool and shove something up it.
No comments:
Post a Comment