Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Under normal circumstances, Fourth of July is my favorite holiday. But this year it stinks...literally.

I was sitting on the couch reading my book, minding my own business. When all of a sudden I hear this loud, "GLUG GLUG GLUG" coming from the kitchen sink. And then I hear, "GLUG GLUG GLUG" coming from Hannah's bathroom tub. And then, her toilet explodes. Water everywhere, which takes me a good twenty minutes to clean. And then I stupidly decide to flush the toilet. Which then causes another series of "GLUG GLUG GLUGS" before another explosive rush of raw sewage spews out of the bathtub drain and fills the tub. 

I started packing our bags and getting ready to check into a hotel because, quite obviously, this house is possessed. Things have been weird around here ever since we returned from Savannah and did that "Ghosts and Graveyard" tour. But after posting about it on Facebook, I have been informed that it's probably a blockage in our sewer line. Which means I need to call the plumber. Again. And spend another couple hundred bucks. Again. But, I guess it could be worse. It's better than calling an exorcist.

So that's why this 4th of July stinks. But I am making the most of a crappy situation. Red velvet cake in the oven and Sam Adams Light in the cooler. God Bless America!
Hannah took this picture from our driveway.

No comments: