It's official, I listed our house on MBO today.
I remember when we were house-hunting. We flew here from Hawaii and looked at over 20 homes in two days. When we first looked at this one, it didn't make an impression at all. In fact we walked in, spent a few minutes, Mitch didn't like the back yard (b/c it wasn't big enough), and so we left.
Something must have struck me about this home though, because when the first home we bid on fell through, I convinced Mitch to come back and have a second look at this one.
I love our home, but it has come with a lot of hard lessons. Georgia asked me a few weeks ago if we were poor and I said, "We are house poor." When she wanted to know what that meant I told her, "We have no money, but at least we have a house." Casey then said he wished he had a bigger house, like Cooper's, or like Carson's, or like the girl in his old school who has an elevator. Kids! They are never, ever satisfied.
Casey then added, "At least when we move to Germany we will live in a castle."
I can't help but laugh. I told him when we move to Germany we will get to VISIT a castle. But why burst his bubble? Let the kid dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment