
About a month ago I hosted "Girls Night In" at my house with some of my other soccer mom friends. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. I asked everyone to bring a used or cheap "White Elephant" gift for an old fashioned Yankee Swap. I handed out the gifts randomly as we sat around the table, then read a story called "Pass the Cannoli". Every time I used the word "right" the gifts were passed to the right, and when I used the word "left" the gifts were all passed to the left. Whichever gift each lady got stuck with at the end of the story was hers to keep.
The gifts ran the gamut from a giant sausage, a giant ceramic snail, a Snuggie, French Maid lingerie, soccer ball pasties, a shot glass, and a Yankee candle....among other things. It was hysterical.
After the Yankee Swap, I served dessert, and passed around scrap paper and pencils to each guest. I asked everyone to write something they've "never done" on each piece of scrap paper, anonymously. Such as, "I've never been on a roller coaster ride." And, "I've never been to a strip club." As you can imagine, my friends got really creative coming up with things they've "never done." After the basket was filled with scrap paper, we passed it around the table, and each person took turns reading one out loud. The key to the game was to see who was the most and least experienced person in the room. So, when the comment was read aloud, if someone had done the thing that was being read, they had to take a sip of their drink and they were rewarded one point. Needless to say, we had to swear one another to secrecy...what happens at Girls Night stays at Girls Night!
Gotta start brainstorming of things I've "never done" for the next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment