Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Urge to Purge

New Year's is a good time to turn over a new leaf. It is traditionally that time of year that we collectively decide to get our lives back in order after the shameful holiday behaviors we display, the over-indulging and the over-spending and the over-living.

I always get the urge to purge after New Year's. I want to purge my refrigerator of all the bad food, purge my kids' closets of all the crappy, broken old toys and ratty old clothes that have collected there, and purge my body of all the excess poundage that has accumulated around my ever-growing torso. I also have a desire to purge my attitude of all the negativity and cynicism that has festered and taken control of the command center in my brain. Because let's face it, unless my attitude is good, none of the other stuff matters.

I'm still waiting for the New Year to work its magic on me, but once it does, there is hope of making 2010 a good year.

2 comments:

Christine W said...

Interested in doing calorie count again with me???

Beth said...

Yes! Let's start soon....this week!