Saturday, August 29, 2009

S.O.S.

Friday is the best day of the week. It's a celebration for surviving Monday through Thursday. And it's the anticipation of Saturday and Sunday with all their wonderful possibilities.

I always feel a giddy excitement well up inside me on Friday afternoons. Even if I don't have weekend plans there is the chance of doing something fun, something besides the usual stuff. A day at the beach? A night on the town? Dinner at a yummy restaurant? An evening with friends? A chance to hang out with other grown-ups for a few hours?

I love my kids but after a long week with them, I crave adult time. It's not that I'm a party animal but....well, okay. I'm a party animal. (At least once in a while.)

That's why I feel so let-down when it's Friday or Saturday night and I'm sitting home eating a Lean Cuisine listening to "Caillou" in the background. Like right now. Maybe this is nothing substantial to complain about, it could be much worse, but I am thinking to myself that if Caillou was a real kid I would stick my fork in his eye.

Someone please help! Save my Saturday!!!

No comments: